Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Stomach Yuck

Kamdyn was hit with her first stomach bug a week or so ago. She had several meetings with Mr. Potty. During one of those meetings, her severe gag reflex kicked in and she threw up for the very first time in her 3+ years. (She did gag once when I gave her an antibiotic when she was tiny, but she only threw up the liquid medicine I had just shoved down her mouth.) I felt so very sorry for her because she had no idea what was happening to her little body. After getting all over the bathroom floor and splattering all over the walls, I moved her over the bathtub so she could continue there. The more she smelled, the more she puked! Man, this was ROUGH!

After cleaning out the bathtub and the floor, I put her back in the bathtub for the 2nd time of the night. She was so upset she didn't know what to do. She eventually made it to my room around 11pm pleading to sleep with me because she was afraid that it was going to happen again. Richard willingly moved to the guest bed.

She never threw up again, but she is still having issues with the potty because she's scared that the "yuck" will return, make her gag, and we'll be back at the same place again.

To make matters worse, Kamdyn missed most of her school Christmas Party and she was the flower girl in a wedding the weekend that she was sick (stayed tuned for pictures). We loaded up the car and headed to Greenville with her baby potty in the truck just in case! I had trash bags, towels, baby wipes, etc., and was prepared for the worst. She made it through the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. She threw up again that night at Nanny's, but managed to make it down the aisle at the wedding on Saturday. She didn't last very long at the reception because she just felt so icky!

I am so thankful for my healthy baby girl! We've only been to the doctor once this year and it was for her check-up! If this "bug" only occurs once every 3 1/2 years, I can live with it. Not so sure she will be able to get through it though! :)

2 comments:

Nanny said...

She was pitiful Mommy. It upset her Nanny too. Not to mention Georgia. She just wasn't herself.

Gina said...

Poor baby girl! I wouldn't know how to explain that one either. Emma has only thrown up once. Luckily, no stomach bugs yet!