Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Aiken Steeplechase

Our neighbors invited us this year to the Aiken Steeplechase. It is very similar to the Carolina Cup, but on a little smaller scale. It was FREEZING cold that morning when we left which explains our long pants. We were comfortable until around 3:00 when it started getting a little toasty. We had a wonderful time and the weather was near perfect! We had a spot "on the rail" and it was nice to actually see the horse races unlike how I remember the Carolina Cup. I rarely saw a horse the many years that I attended The Cup. :) I hope we get to go again next year.

Richard and Me in our warm clothes!


Bart and Cheree (our neighbors). They are so much fun!!


I got to see a horse!!


Whoa! That's a little be too close of me! But at least I got to see the horse races!


My favorite kind of a horse, a Palamino.







0 comments: