Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Three R's

Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic.....

Hmmm, not sure why they say "three R's" because I only see one R and I'm sure my observant baby girl will be pointing that out soon to anyone who tries to say, "The Three R's" to her!

Reading:
Kamdyn still has a love for books that I hope will remain for the rest of her life. The other morning when we came back from Jazzercise, she made it about one foot from the door before she plopped down to read her Toddler Bible. She stayed there for at least 20 minutes. She would not let me take off her jacket or her shoes because that would be an interruption!!



This is the happy grin that I got when she finally snapped out of her "book zone" and noticed that I had the camera on her!



Writing:
She is also getting the hang of holding her crayon and coloring in the lines. She completely amazes me! Richard spent about 10 minutes one afternoon with her showing her how to hold her crayon and color in the lines. Wah-Lah! And just like that she is taking her time attempting to color in the lines. Look how tiny that apple is!!

Look at that grip!


I guess our next task is getting her to color the objects their actual colors instead of blue leaves and blue strawberries! :)




Arithmetic:
I don't have any pictures of this because my life would be in jeopardy; however, Kamdyn's new "thing" while riding in the car is to pick out ALL of the numbers on EVERY sign we pass. I never realized how many numbered signs that there are on the road until now.....mile marker numbers, speed limit signs, highway numbers. On our 25 minute ride to and from Georgia's everyday, we must pass at least 50 numbered signs. And, with each passing sign, Kamdyn asks, "Mommy, what's a 5 and a 5?" I say, "Fifty-Five." Next sign, "What's a 1 and a 1, Mommy?" I say, "Eleven!" Yep, you get the point. I, being the patient Mommy that I am (ha!), tell her each and every number ALL the way home!! Today she surprised me. She started with the usual, "What's a 4 and a 5, Mommy?" Then, she said, "What'a a 1 and a 1? Oh, I know that one, it's eleven!" My how quickly they learn at this age!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep the pic comeing, A baby complete every thing in life I think it is about time for 1 (one) MORE we need a little boy dont you think so. you tell my sweet little cookie that her aunt tina loves her hugs & kisses

Gina said...

That is funny that you mentioned all these skills. As a teacher, or former teacher, you can't help but check off the standards that are being taught or learned! She truly is growing up into a smart little girl. How much fun this is.

Anonymous said...

Yep, she has been doing this for a little while. She even has Jacob reading signs now.They are so funny together, she'll say Jacob do you see that sign? What's that number?(like she's a little Teacher).

Anonymous said...

God's "Little Angel". Somehow children have a way of making us all see things differently through their eyes. It's wonderful. Even when they are 30+.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Georgia, you are so right! She IS a little teacher .... to us all.
Thank YOU for being a big part of her development.

Jennifer said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Is CT Walker in her future???

Jess said...

Kimberly, she looks LONG!!! That little one of yours is getting BIG!!! This was another wonderful post!