For those of you with children who have not read any of Todd Parr's books, you've got to purchase them. He has an entire series which Kamdyn got hooked on when she was only a few months old, thanks to Nanny! She has been obsessed with The Mommy Book and The Grandma Book for sometime. She has both of them memorized and all of the pages are close to falling out in each of them because she has read them so much. The pictures are so colorful and are filled with child-like primary colored drawings. The words are simple and are easily memorized! She got The Family Book for Christmas and loves it, too!
Ruthie came for a visit last night on her way to Anderson and surprised Kamdyn with a brand new Todd Parr book called The I LOVE YOU Book! Kamdyn immediately saw it in Ruthie's hand. She eyed it, then looked at me, looked back at Ruthie, and looked at her Daddy as if to say, "Do you see that book? Is it for me?" She wouldn't ask Ruthie for it, but you could see the excitement in her eyes. Ruthie sat down with her and read it to her. Kamdyn has a new favorite book and already has each page memorized in one short night! Thank you Ruthie!
I'm going to scan my favorite page and post it soon. I laugh outloud everytime that I read it and see it. The illustration is hilarious! I would do it tonight, but Kamdyn sleeps with a book EVERY night. Tonight it was, of course, The I LOVE YOU Book!


Family Fun
2 years ago


1 comments:
Its a special time to sit down with her and spend time with her. I'm so glad she loves books.
Post a Comment