Monday, November 10, 2008

Comments to Remember

I like to make certain that I document those little sayings that Kamdyn uses so eloquently, as if she has been on this Earth for at least 10 years. Don't get me wrong, some of her "sayings" are out of context, but most of them are right on target.

Yesterday, Richard and Kamdyn were throwing a ball from the top balcony to downstairs. Kamdyn was upstairs and Richard was downstairs. Yes, I allowed this to go on as I cringed every time that the ball was thrown up or down. I foresee a broken object in our new future. Anyway.....so Richard is getting tired of throwing the ball up and over the balcony and says, "Kamdyn, it's time to stop playing. How many more times?" Well, we were expecting her to say something like one more time or two more times. Instead she yells out, "Five times Six times!" HMMM......multiplication already????


Also, on Friday, Richard picked Kamdyn up early from GEorgia when he came back from Canada. Georgia's house is near the airport. Kamdyn threw somewhat of a fit because she said, "I want to stay and play at Georgia's!" What can I say? The child loves being at Georgia's more than her own house. Anyway, so Richard asked her how much longer she wanted to stay. Again, he was thinking that she would say five minutes or something of the sort. NOPE! She said, "Mmm, how about 30 more minutes?"

3 comments:

Jess said...

Oh Kimberly~that 30 minute comment was too cute! They repeat everything, don't they? I wonder how much they really understand. =)
xoxo

Gina said...

She is too sweet. It always surprises me to hear such grown up statements come out of a little 2year old. They are full of wonderful surprises.

Angie said...

Kamdyn is too smart! I wouldn't be surprised if she is reading chapter books next month. She is lucky to have a mom that is a school teacher. I know you will make sure that she reaches her greatest potential.