Monday, February 11, 2013

Reality Check

Monday morning started with a HUGE reality check in the form of this truck parked in front of our house.  Ready or not, the time was here.  The moving crew came in and worked like little tornadoes all day in our house.  In what seemed like minutes, everything that we owned was packed and stacked in boxes.  All of our photographs were put in boxes.  Honestly, I felt like our memories of this house were being packed in the boxes, too.  I felt like crying at times, but there was too much going on.  Questions were being asked of us all day.  Does this go?  Are you taking this with you or is it going on the truck?  Put this here.  Put this there, etc.  

I am so very thankful that Richard's company is moving us.  I can't imagine doing all of the packing ourselves and then moving to a different state!  That would bring the term overwhelmed to a whole new level!

I still feel like a sitting duck.  I'm blogging as they pack around me.  There's not much I can do here, but I know that I face a lot or work when we get to our new house. They do unpack boxes and take them away for us, but they don't put away the items.  They put them on flat services.  I still haven't decided if I like that or not. I think I will feel rushed as they move from room to room to get everything put away.  I am worried that will put our house in more disarray.  Well, I have exactly two more days to ponder before I decided if they take everything out of the boxes or if I just have them leave the boxes in the appropriate rooms.  What would you do?










Poor little Kamdyn had to find a spot to do her homework.  We couldn't even find a pencil for her to write with.

And even though she only had one more day left at LFH, she insisted on completing all of her homework.

Karcie on the other had was LOVING the chaos in the house.  In fact, she was pretty much insane last night. She ran for room to room with her hands out to the side as if to say, "What happened?"  Ignorance is bliss.  Poor baby has no idea what is about to happen.

She was having a good time in Kamdyn's empty closet.  All that was left was a bed for one of their baby dolls.

She was content.  Maybe this made her feel safe.  It was the only "clean" place in the house, I think!

Boxes, boxes everywhere!

Sad!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Let them unpack it!

Nanny said...

I agree - unpack it! You can move around later!