I should have known on Saturday when Kamdyn complained ALL DAY about being tired that something was brewing. By Saturday night she was complaining profusely about a sore throat. I looked at it with a flashlight, but it just looked red and a little swollen. We sent her to bed early in hopes of a miraculous recovery. No such luck! On Sunday morning, Kamdyn came into our room screaming saying her throat hurt and now both of her ears were hurting!
We don't have a pediatrician yet. We've only been here a week!! I knew where the closest Urgent Care was and luckily it opened at 8 AM on Sunday. The doctor said her throat was definitely infected and did a throat culture. It's safe to say that Kamdyn ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT LIKE A THROAT CULTURE! But, who does? She screamed and cried! The doctor also said that her ear was infected. The quick strep test came back negative, but they, of course, sent it off for the "official" culture. We left WalGreen's with an antibiotic in hand. She missed school on Monday because her fever was not completely gone. We went straight from Karcie's final dose of antibiotics on Saturday to starting 10 days of antibiotics on Sunday for Kamdyn. The doctor called on Tuesday and said the strep test came back positive and that we should throw away her toothbrush. Nice! Our first week in Apex has been filled with twists and turns. Guess I should stop blogging and find a pediatrician so I can be ready for the next time. :)
Family Fun
2 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment