Prior to us moving, my Mom and Georgia kept asking if they needed to come and help once we got moved in. I didn't know what I was going to need. My mind was frazzled to say the least. Kamdyn was starting school on Monday. I didn't know how she would adjust. I didn't know if having extra people here would make the chaos worse or better. So, I put them on standby.
We spent Saturday night in the house for the first time. We were so tired from all of the work that we didn't have time to think about our new living arrangements. Our beds were up and everything else around us was in boxes! UGH! But, we slept well!
It only took one day with the movers before I knew that I was going to need some extra help in order to get everything situated. Nanny and Georgia came to the rescue on Sunday afternoon shortly after the girls and I found the Wal-Mart and shopped for groceries. Our pantry and refrigerator were bare. I had fed the girls enough peanut butter and crackers washed down with Capri Sun. It was past time for getting groceries!
I can't thank Nanny and Georgia enough. Nanny entertained Kamdyn and Karcie while Georgia and I worked. Georgia carried boxes down the stairs and out of our house. We have A LOT of stairs!!
Here are some of the highlights from their visit. We sure are missing them this afternoon. Karcie stood at the door before her nap screaming, "Nanny! Georgia!" It was kind of sad. :(
After Kamdyn's first WONDERFUL day of school, Georgia and Nanny took the girls to Monkey Joe's! They had a blast! Karcie only liked the little exit ramp slides and refused to actually get on any of the "real" jumpy things. We didn't have a photo of Kamdyn, but she enjoyed a delicious ice cream sandwich that night just before dinner.
After ALL of us picked Kamdyn up from her 2nd day of school, we took her to Dunkin' Donuts for a chocolate covered, chocolate filled donut AND hot chocolate. Holy Chocolate! She loved it!!
| Karcie was dancing to her own tune as usual! |
| Later that night, we had leftover chicken tacos and waiting on Richard to get home from a cocktail/appetizer event with work. |
| Nanny and her 3 girls! |
| Kamdyn and Karcie hanging out one night before bed. They were so silly while Nanny and Georgia were here. |
| Nanny and her 2 girls just before Nanny and Georgia left on Wednesday morning! |


2 comments:
I'm glad we could help - Georgia did all the hard work - I got to do the fun stuff! Guess being the oldest has its advantages - ha ha We love her as much as Karcie and Kamdyn do! So proud for all of you!
I loved every minute of helping. I only part I didn't like was saying good-bye again!!!
Post a Comment