Saturday, February 16, 2013

North Carolina, here we come!

We made it and so did our things!  We drove up on Thursday morning after a trip to the doctor.  Georgia called us early that morning to let us know that Karcie had been crying since she woke up.  She was holding her ear and saying, "My ear!"  I love that she can finally tell us what is wrong with her.  I immediately called our Augusta pediatrician.  I told them our situation and they got us in immediately to see the Nurse Practitioner.  I was fine with that.  I knew she had an ear infection.  We just needed a prescription so we could get a dose in Karcie before making our 4 hour trip.  I'm so glad that we went ahead and took her.  It would have been a nightmare if we had waited!  She was fine after about an hour into the ride.  Thank goodness for antibiotics!

We got to the house on Thursday.  The movers weren't planning to be there until Friday morning.  Apparently, they take a full day for travel no matter how far the destination is.  Weird!  We were able to sort out a few things at the house in preparation for the "storm" that would arrive the next morning.  The four of us stayed at a Residence Inn while waiting on our house to be "live in" ready.

Fridays weather was perfect and so were the girls.  I feared that we wouldn't be able to entertain them all day while we worked.  After all, we didn't have TV, internet, or TOYS!  We had Karcie's pack n play for nap time.  The first day was filled with mostly moving the garage stuff, some of the furniture, and a lot of boxes into the house.  By the end of the day everything was unloaded, but there wasn't a lot of time for unpacking.  I started in Kamdyn's room/playroom so that the girls would have something to do the folllowing day.  That was the room with the most boxes and stuff!  I almost lost my mind trying to organize all of the toys.  I had everything organized prior to our move in nice lime green storage bins.  The movers decided that dumping the stuff into boxes and folding up the storage bins suited their packing style.  Well, it didn't suit my unpacking needs or style at all.  When I opened boxes and everything was dumped inside, I could have strangled three people!  After Richard saw my little temper tantrum around 7:00 he decided that it was time to break for the night before I lost my mind.  I was so overwhelmed and I was only on ROOM #1 people!! 


This is the truck when it arrived at our house.  Two new houses are being built across the street.  This is taken from our driveway.
 The movers came back on Saturday to help us "unpack."  By that, I mean sit everything all over the place while we tried to put it away.  Again, I almost lost my mind!!  I wanted them to take as many boxes as possible, but I didn't want stuff sitting out everywhere.  Obviously, they do not know Karcie?  The movers sensed my anxiety after I so politely told a few of them several of times that I did not like stuff everywhere.  I finally told them to leave the boxes that were left so that I  could unpack them at my leisure.  I felt so rushed with them there. 

Mother nature surprised us on Saturday, too!  As the girls were playing upstairs and I was working to unpack the kitchen, it started snowing.  It was beautiful and it snowed ALL day.  Karcie had never seen snow and wasn't too interested.  I finally stopped what I was doing, ran upstairs, and dug through everything to find  Kamdyn's snowsuit and boots.  I let her run around with the neighbors in the snow.  I hate that we didn't have time to enjoy it as a family, but were up to our ears in boxes!  Thankfully, it snows a good bit here and there will be another time for playing in the snow.
Our front yard.

Our new house all covered in snow!!  I LOVE it!!

What a wonderful NC welcome!

0 comments: