Friday, December 30, 2016

Back Again!


We came back home from the lake for the New Year's Weekend.  Kamdyn and Karcie both had friends over to play.  They had such a great time!  Shortly after everyone left, Karcie laid down on the couch and fell right to sleep just after dinner.  Ugh!!  Her fever was back 4 days later.  Clearly she was having trouble fighting off this terrible virus that would. not. go. away.  

At 7:40 on Friday night, I looked up the closest Urgent Care.  It closed at 8:00.  The following day was New Year's Eve and I knew that would be a terrible day to be seen by a doctor.  Karcie was miserable and crying by the time that we got there at 7:55.  The doctor didn't see anything in her throat, ears, chest, etc.  It was a mysterious fever.  The doctor prescribed an antibiotic due to the history that I gave of this ridiculous virus that wouldn't end.  We started the antibiotic immediately.  Karcie was feeling a little bit better the following day.....thankfully!






0 comments: