These smiling faces are a bit deceiving. We were plagued with the Christmas sickness this year that lasted almost the entire Christmas break. Kamdyn woke up in the middle of Wednsday night complaining of a stomach ache. She laid in the middle of my floor rolling around for about an hour, but never threw up. This is my "I refuse to puke" kid and she never did, but she was miserable. The entire next day she barely ate a thing and stayed on the couch all day.
We decided to open Georgia's present the night that Nanny arrived with them. Kamdyn and Karcie were super excited to get all of their gifts from Georgia. The only thing that could have made it better would have been her being here with us.
Nanny arrived on the day before Christmas Eve with her sleigh. We unpacked her things and had dinner. Everyone ate....even Kamdyn. We watched a movie and Karcie started complaining of a tummy ache. I knew what was coming, but refused to admit it at that moment. I put her to bed praying that she would stay all night. I lined the floor with towels from her room to the bathroom. Just as Richard and I were about to close our eyes around 11:00 that night, Karcie opened her door and made it to the towels. She was sick every 1/2 hour to every hour until about 6:00 that morning. I was exhausted!
Kamdyn was screaming bloody murder because she has this weird puke phobia. Richard scooped her up and took her to the 3rd floor. Richard crawled in Kamdyn's bed and I had Karcie in my bed. Very little sleep was had and my baby was so pitiful. She was such a trooper though. . She never once complained or cried. As soon as she felt sick she would jump up and we would run to the bathroom. Luckily, Richard let me sleep from about 6:00-8:00 on Christmas Eve morning or I would have never made it until Christmas Eve night.
Karcie felt pretty crummy on Christmas Eve, but we were hoping that she would feel perfect by Christmas Day!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment