Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Gymnastics


My girl has been begging to go to gymnastics.  She has self taught herself how to do a perfect cartwheel.  She has a balance beam that goes down the middle of our living room floor and she has a gymnastics mat, too.  She loves it!

She was so excited about her first preschool gymnastics class.  I signed her up based on her age group.  There were only two other little girls there.  After a few minutes of warm ups, two other ladies came and got Karcie and were doing all sorts of things with her.  Bar, watching her cartwheel, watching her do certain jumps on the trampoline,having her climb a rope...which she did all the way to the top.  I didn't know what was going on and figured that it was normal.  Next thing I knew they were asking us to come back later that night to start their training group where they start girls this age early to train them for competitive gymnastics. Two nights a week.  Two hours at a time. Woah!  What?  Back the train up.  I took her back, but I had no idea what kind of commitment these people were asking for.  The kicker was that she was going to have to be there on every Tuesday and FRIDAY nights.  Well, we are never home on Friday nights.  Ever.

I discussed it with Richard and while we were excited that they noticed something special in our little girl, we just aren't ready for such a commitment.  We want her to enjoy gymnastics and we want her to have fun!!  So, I will sign her up for an advanced class starting in August that will be for an hour once a week, but it won't be quite as intense.  

We shall see where our little gymnast goes from here!


She just has that gymnasts look about her!  Like she is ready to take off for a round off back handspring!

you can see that she was way more focused than the other girls that were her age!

I couldn't believe that she could climb this rope by herself.  

They said that she has incredible upper body strength.  

0 comments: