Thursday, May 01, 2014

Potty Training!!

Strike the harps!  Cue The Halleujah Chorus!!  Dare I say that Karcie is FULLY potty trained?  This has been no small feat this time around.  This girl has truly given me a run for my money. I know our strong personalities have something to do with that.  I should have waited on her to make the decision as to when she was ready to start potty training; however, I thought she was ready way before she was.  She has been wearing panties during the day for a  couple of months without accidents during the day.  However, we were still putting a diaper on her at night.  Some mornings the diaper would be dry and some mornings the diapers would be full.  

Let me tell you, this girl likes to drink!!  Or, "dink" as she calls it!  "I need more DINK!"  If you are ever around her for more than a few minutes you are sure to hear this phrase.  We are working on adding the "please" in there.  With her drinking so much, potty training was surely difficult.

At any rate, after many accidents, frustrations, set backs, panties during the day, more frustrations, and diapers at night, she has finally started asking not to wear a diaper at night.  Halleujah!!  She has been dry for the past two nights and shows no signs of EVER wanting to put on a diaper again!!  I am so proud of her and her determination to do things on her own sweet time.  I love her spunky personality and her strong will.  I know it will serve her well in life!


0 comments: