Thursday, August 08, 2013

Jr. Flotilla


I tell ya, this trip is one of my favorites.  I love spending time with friends (even though the number of people that go each year is slowly fizzling out).  Mostly, I love all of the memories that I have of this place.  We figured out during this trip that we have been going to "The River" for 13-14 years.  Most of those years involved two trips in one summer.  That's a LONG time and a LOT of trips!!  As many years as that may seem, those numbers are nothing compared to the countless memories, stories, and people that this River House has seen, heard, and told. 

Don't get me wrong, the older I get and the more reality TV that I watch, the more my thoughts get cluttered (worried) with alligators, snakes, and spiders. But to me, it's worth it! 

This years trip began on Thursday evening with a relaxing boat ride with a few of us that were able to come that night.

On Friday, we spent the day boating to Georgetown to enjoy a delicious meal at The River Room.  They have DELICIOUS shrimp and grits! Let me not leave off the details about the return trip from Georgetown.  Seems like each year our return trip consists of  us dodging rain, storms, etc.  This year was no different!  We huddled under the pontoon rain "sauna" curtains most of the way back! 

Saturday included the official "Jr. Flotilla" trip where we float down the river.  We actually made it further this year than any other Flotilla or Jr. Flotilla has ever made it.  From what I understand, it's a BIG deal to make it to the first bridge!!  I suppose the next goal will be to float to the 2nd bridge!  :)  That night we enjoyed some delicious BBQ that Mr. Jon Potter smoked all day and night.  

On Sunday we cleaned up and said our goodbyes with hopes of seeing each other again during football season.  I'm thankful for great friends.....The kind of friends that you can go months without seeing, but always seem to pick up right where you left off.  Yay for another memorable Jr. Flotilla!  Until next year......


Thursday night boat ride.

Lunch at The River Room

Drinks overlooking the water in Georgetown.

Some of the BEST guys that I know!  (We were missing a few!)

Back to the boat we go!
Hanging out under the bridge trying to avoid the rain.

The boat kept drifting into the rain.

See the "sauna" curtain in the background.  It went all the way around us!!  I swear it felt like a rainforest in there.  :)
Getting ready to float....we had on the same swimsuit tops!  Not planned, but funny!  Can you believe Carly is 20 weeks pregnant.  Where is her belly??  Cutest little thing ever!

We made it to the bridge!!  Can you tell we are thrilled?


Me and JP

Me and Matty

Thumbs up for THE BRIDGE!!  See it in the background?

There goes the first group to go under.  They thought it was a race!


There they go!

Shannon gave a big WOO HOO!!

Who are those weirdos hiding in the bushes?  I think they were trying to avoid the boat coming back to take them home!  (wink, wink)

0 comments: