Saturday, June 04, 2011

Week 1 with Baby Karcie

This first week with Karcie has been such a joy!  Richard took his week of paternity leave and we have loved every minute with our two precious girls!  So far, Karcie has been easy. (I say so far because I remember after two weeks with Kamdyn that colic set in.  I am praying that this doesn't happen with Karcie!)  She is sleeping about 4 hours at a time which is AWESOME for Mommy especially at night!  I seem to be a lot less stressed this time around.  I think my stress is less for a number of reasons.....one, because this is my second baby; two, because we DO NOT wake her to feed her like we did with Kamdyn; three, I am A LOT more rested and calmer; and, four, Kamdyn is such a big help and is such a GREAT big sister!  I think I am able to realize that these moments simply go by so quickly that I am really focused on Karcie being a sweet baby!  So here is a sneak peak at what week one has been like for us with Karcie around!

Ana Blake came to visit!

Playing dress-up with the hairbows!

Mallory came by to visit!

Kamdyn enjoying her time with baby sister!

Relaxing in the bassinet.

We made cupcakes in honor of Karcie's one week birthday!

We really made them to give Kamdyn something special and fun to do, but we used Karcie's one week birthday as our excuse!  :)

1 comments:

Gina said...

Your week 1 sounds so much like our week 1 with our second. I hope you are able to continue enjoying your time with your baby girls!!! The fun has just begun!