


After Kamdyn Open House, she went home to spend the night with Georgia! Have I mentioned lately how AWESOME Georgia is? Richard and I ventured downtown to have dinner. We took Kamdyn's 3K folder with us and read all about the procedures of the program and filled out all of the paperwork. After a enjoyable dinner we walked to The Bell Auditorium to get tickets for the Darius Rucker concert.
Tickets were still for sale at the box office; however, my darling husband insisted standing outside with two fingers up in hopes of getting cheaper tickets, but better seats! It was misting rain outside. We were the only "fools," I mean smart people standing out there, and I was EMBARRASSED to death! Dang, why couldn't we just pay like everyone else? After 15 minutes of embarrassment and misery for me, a man walked over and handed us a flier. He said, "Have you ever been to the Country Club? I expect to see you here for this concert!" I can't remember the guys name, but he sings that song, "I'm going out with my boots on!" We looked at him kind of funny and said, "Uh, OK!" Then, he handed us two tickets and said, "Enjoy the show!" I almost died! He was from Kicks99 our local radio station. They were awesome floor seats and they were FREE!! Richard, of course, wanted to kick me to the curb and take someone else because I had doubted him. Not only did we get better, cheaper seats, but we got them for FREE! I ate my words, but told Richard that the radio guy only felt sorry for me. I'm sure he could see the look of disgust and embarrassment on my face as we stood outside with two fingers in the air! Oh well! All is well that ends well! We had a fabulous time and got to keep $100 in our pocket!
By the way, Darius was AWESOME! He sang his new stuff. He sang some "Hootie" stuff. And, he covered a few songs......You Never Even Call Me by My Name (David Allen Coe), Family Tradition (Hank Williams, Jr.), God Love Her (Toby Keith), You Should Have Seen it in Color, Purple Rain (Prince).
Family Fun
2 years ago


5 comments:
I will always love Hootie. Carter and I both think he gives a great concert wtih great covers!!! Although, did you see him on the CMAs last night? He seemed a little out of tune!
I'm lol at Richard and his frugalness. I guess it pays off! (literally)
I'm with Betsy about Darius. He was good last night on CMA Music Festival though. Thank you Georgia for giving the kids a night out.
Inaccurate. He doesnt stand out front to save money. He does it to get better seats. He fully planned to have to pay full price, but didnt want to pay full price and sit at the top. This is a successful scheme that has worked everytime. Can you say 5th row bench to the USC/Clem basketball game? How about 50yd line for the Clem-Tenn Peach Bowl? Lower section for half price for Buffett in Vegas. Husbands are sorely underestimated and appreciated despite constantly delivering above expectations.
Shall we spell anonymous ,,, JRT???
Bless him. I can see the big 'ole smile from here.
Kimberly,
Darius Rucker, or D-Ruk as we like to call him, is not only a great singer and concert thrower...he is a CHARITABLE Hometown Hero here in Charleston. One of my dear friends has a 1 year old little boy with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma and is undergoing extensive chemo/radiation. She and her husband both went to Middleton High in Charleston as did Darius. There was a big benefit concert at the Music Farm 3 weeks ago with some local bands and Darius heard about it. Well, he showed up on a Sunday afternoon and played several songs (including "You Don't Have to Call Me Darlin') and the crowd went wild! It was awesome and says a lot about his character, I think.
Just thought I'd tell ya that! Good luck with Kamdyn's first day of school! We'll be doing the same thing next Tuesday with Henry. Bitter Sweet, isn't it!
Shelby
Post a Comment