We had Open House for Kamdyn's 3K class this past Thursday night. Yes, I said 3K! I can hardly believe that she is starting school! She will be going to Grace Child Development Center which is where we have been going to church; where I Jazzercise; and, where we take Kindermusik. While the surroundings will be familiar, the setting will not be. As of now there are 10 children in the class, mostly girls! I hope for Mrs. Pond's sake that they are not all as dramatic as Kamdyn. Maybe she will surprise me and be calm at school! I can always hope!! :)
Mrs. Pond will be her teacher whom Kamdyn has known for a couple of years now. Mrs. Pond is one of my friends. Kamdyn has been in childcare at Jazzercise with her two boys and is very familiar with Mrs. Pond. We are very excited for Kamdyn to have her. While we only chose the two day program, we feel it will be very beneficial to Kamdyn. Since Jacob is now in school she doesn't have day to day interactions with other children. This is a MUST!! I know that she is going to LOVE school and I know she will do well.
Thankfully, Georgia will be able to pick her up at 12:00 every day. We LOVE Georgia and couldn't live without her!
During our Open House visit Kamdyn quickly spotted the behavior management "stop light." She is familiar with this because I use the same system in my classroom. I said, "Kamdyn, what does green mean?" She said, "GO!" I said, "But what does it mean in school?" She said, "It means good! I'm going to get a green light every day Mommy! And, the other kids are going to get yellow lights!" Ha, we'll see about that!
She also counted the numbered clouds on the carpet. After going around the circle and getting to number 10 she said, "Where's the 11? They don't have an 11?" I reminded her not to be a know-it-all and to always raise her hand to answer question. Again, we'll see about that!
My only thought......WHERE DID THE TIME GO? MY BABY IS GROWING UP WAY TOO QUICKLY!! (My second only thought.....IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER ONE!!)



Family Fun
2 years ago


2 comments:
I am so excited to start tomorrow. Another night of no sleep for me.... :)
She will be fine. Must admit...I was choked up today as the boys walked into their classrooms. Time really is flying. *sigh*
I'm having a little crying jag because I can't believe how fast time is flying by. She's no longer a baby but a "little girl" as she likes to say to me. She will always be my "baby darling". Mrs. Pond is surely in for a treat!
Post a Comment