Sunday, September 21, 2008

"The Girls"

I decided to dedicate a separate post to all of the "significant others" of these guys who are obsessed with their tailgating. While we do love getting together often with each other, we all poop out at a certain time during the evening, usually around 9:00 or 10:00 PM, especially when we have been sitting in the 95 degree heat ALL day covered in sweat, sunscreen, and bug spray. In case you didn't notice in one of the pictures I posted previously, there are hardly any cars in the parking lot. Well, that's because we are one of the first to arrive, usually around 7:30 or 8:00 AM. If you were to see a picture of the lot at night, you would see that we are the very LAST to leave!!!


We try to be accommodating and we try to understand this non-negotiable desire that they have to sit in a field for 12-16 hours; however, try as may, we just don't get it! For the most part, though, we endure it because we know how much they enjoy watching all of the football games from beginning to end on TV with each other. I'm not saying that we don't give them a hard time throughout the night by making snide comments somewhat jokingly, but we do "try" to let them enjoy themselves.

If we were all going in the same vicinity at night, a simple solution would be for all of the girls to leave together. However, we all go in separate directions which complicates things just a bit especially with the price of gas. Notice that none of these pictures are taken at night. That's because we all turn in to pumpkins around 9:00. Our "significant others" may call us something a little less endearing than pumpkins. :) Despite our never ending debates to try to understand this "need," we love our hard-headed, tailgating, significant others dearly!!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't LOVE GRAND? You are all definitely the "beauties" of the group!

Jess said...

Woooowwww =)

You all look sooo pretty! Seems like I'm missing a GRAND ole time..
I turn into a 'pumpkin' pretty early, too.
=)
Nice pics, Kim.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Did you say "non-negotiable"? I am not finished with the fight yet. EVERYTHING is negotiable. ; ) Carrie