Our precious Mama Lucy went to be with Jesus on November 12. Richard and Matthew were there the entire week before as they moved her in to the hospice house in Anderson. I am so thankful that they were able to spend those last days with her. She lived such a long, faithful, and healthy life. I am proud to say that I was part of her family. She was a true servant of the Lord. She was kind, giving, loving, and would let you know when you stepped out of line. Kamdyn's middle name is Lucy after Mama Lucy. I have always said that Kamdyn is an "old soul." She spent so much time with Mama Lucy when she was little. I pray that both of my girls will live their lives by example just as Mama Lucy did. I know that her legacy will live on in her four great granddaughters.
We will miss her terribly, but we are so thankful for the many years that she was here with us. Not many children get so much time with their great grandparents. I feel blessed that Kamdyn and Karcie did. Our lives are better because of Mama Lucy.
We got to visit with Mama Lucy just a few hours before she passed away. We talked to her, loved on her, and the girls sang to her. It was hard for me to keep it together, but I did for my girls. I will forever be grateful for these final minutes that we were able to share with Mama Lucy.
I posted several photos that I love with Mama Lucy in them. At times like this, I am grateful for my blog. It takes so much time to keep up with it, but when I need photos, they are only a "tag" away.
 |
| One of my most favorite photos. These boys were her "pride and joy" and she was proud to tell any and everyone that! |
 |
| Mama Lucy and all of her great granddaughters. |
 |
| Mama Lucy used to spend weeks at a time with us when Kamdyn was little. Mama Lucy had just left and we were missing her! |
 |
| Nothing better than holding Mama Lucy's hand. |
 |
| Karcie and Mama Lucy look like they are staring into each other's souls. Mama Lucy had a way with babies. It was unbelievable. They all loved her and she could calm down a baby in seconds. |
 |
| Kamdyn adored Mama Lucy. |
 |
| One of my most favorite family photos. This was in Florida when we loaded up Mama Lucy and took her to Disney World. |
 |
| IF there was a baby in the room, Mama Lucy was going to be holding it. |
 |
| The day Karcie was born. |
 |
| Theses four girls had some serious play time that weekend. They made the sweetest little pictures for Mama Lucy. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment