Saturday, August 22, 2015

I LOVE Beach Music!!

Yep, we sure do!  Kamdyn was at a sleepover this particular weekend so Richard, Karcie, and I ventured down to the Apex Nature Park where they host free concerts.  This one happened to be a Beach Music band.  They were awesome!  Shortly after we got situated, they came in the audience looking for volunteers to get on stage and dance to their original "Shake Your Booty" song.  I, of course, got roped into it.....they REALLY had to twist my arm!!  ;)  I shook my booty on stage and then Karcie shook hers the rest of the night.  She literally made friends with the band because she danced the entire time...most of that time was by herself up in front of the stage.   I have NO IDEA where she gets this from???  ;)  She tried most of the night to get her Daddy to dance with her.  I said to Karcie, "Karcie, I've been trying to get your Daddy to dance for years!"  She looked at me very matter-of-factly and said, "Well, why did you marry him then?"  Richard and I almost fell out of our chairs laughing.  This girl is something else!!

At the end of the show, Karcie WOULD NOT leave until she talked to her favorite band members.  They picked her up and gave her hugs.  She has talked about it almost every day since......

I would say it's a pretty good 4-year-old life if your first ever concert is a beach band!!


Look for me in red over on the right of the stage.

Shaking my booty!!

Karcie was JUST getting started!


The saxophonist came and played to Karcie.  She was scared at first, but then joined in!



See that lone shadow down front....that's our girl!!

Daddy finally danced with her!!  She made him wear his hat backwards.  So sweet!  

0 comments: