Friday, May 15, 2015

Strawberry Pickin'

We took the little kids who aren't in school full time to the strawberry patch that is beside our neighborhood.  We went on a Friday morning after Jazzercise and that ended up being a bit of a mistake.  We pulled in and cars and school buses were lined up all the way to the road.  Yikes!! There were four bus loads of kids on a field trip to the strawberry patch. It ended up working out perfectly though because they had already picked strawberries and were finishing lunch by the time we arrived.  

Our little ones were funny picking these berries.  Karcie wanted to eat them all.  And she kept pulling the stem off which was tearing me UP!  We ended up getting a good basket full to share with Kamdyn and Richard.  Richard loves fresh strawberries.  He picked them several times by himself and took Kamdyn a couple of times.  Kamdyn wasn't left out of the picking...I just don't have any photos of her.  

After picking berries we went to pet the horses and saw the goats.  Neither of the three kids were scared of the horses.  Declan kept saying, "I want to ride the ORSE, Mama!"  So funny and cute!

We had lunch at the picnic tables and took our time getting back home.  It was cloudy and overcast most of the day.  I sure do love our neighbors, our neighborhood, and our little town of Apex.  






Sweet friends....I'm pretty sure that Karcie thinks that the Kirk Family is related to us.


Typical Karcie "toe-pop pose."


Love these precious little kiddos.

Sweaty after Jazzercise selfie with Mommy!

BIG cheese!!




























Love my sweet friend, Colleen!

We bought homemade ice cream at the strawberry farm for the kids to eat at home.

They plopped right down in the driveway and licked their bowls clean!

1 comments:

Nanny said...

Karcie, Karcie, Karcie. You are so adorable I just want to squeeze you to pieces my little Girl Baby.