We had to leave the beach a day early to get back for this little ballerina's first dance recital. We missed dress rehearsal earlier in the week because we were on vacation. She was so excited to wear her costume. She let me do her hair and make-up without one little fuss or melt down. When we dropped her off backstage, she looked at us a little nervously.....I was afraid that she might cry because she really didn't know what to expect. But, she walked back like a big girl and danced perfectly on stage. I was so proud! I literally had tears streaming down my face the entire performance. She gives us fits from time to time, but when she knows it's time to behave and be a big girl, she steps up and does just that. She had the sweetest little girls in her class this year and I really enjoyed their Moms, too. I hate that all of us chose different classes for next year.
I love that her dance school has separate recitals for the little girls. It only lasted for 45 minutes. It was absolutely perfect!
After her recital, Nanny treated us to lunch. Karcie had on her little costume and people in the restaurant kept asking if she was in a pageant that day. :)
When we got back, we celebrated Karcie's birthday several weeks earl with a chocolate cake and Nanny and the girls made the day before. It was delish!! I swear, Karcie's birthday lasted for a month before her actual day arrived. She's worth it though!!
I hope my little tiny dancer continues to be confident in who she is. I honestly wish I could be more like her. She has a mind of her own and doesn't care who knows it. She's confident, strong, fearless, determined, a natural born leader, loves to make people laugh, and loves with every ounce of her heart.
Karcie Laine, you make me proud to be your Mommy! Thank you for always staying true to YOURSELF! I hope you never, ever change!
 |
| Look at that perfectly pointed toe!! That's my girl!! (Front, far right) |
 |
| And those ballerina arms/hands. (Front, far right) |
 |
| Doing the Chicken Dance! |
 |
| Standing so sweetly! |
 |
| After the show, they had big girls dressed up as all of the princesses. Karcie was star struck! |
 |
| Sleeping Beauty |
 |
| Anna |
 |
| Cinderella |
 |
| These three are my heart.... |
 |
| LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my girl!! |
 |
| One of my most favorite photos EVER! Wish I had thought to take my sunglasses off. |
 |
| Love my sweet family to pieces. |
 |
| I made Karcie pose for a few solo photos when we got home. |
 |
| Love her gorgeous smile! |
 |
| And then, she needed to take her jeep for a spin in her costume. Why not? |
1 comments:
Karcie, Nanny was so happy to watch you dance. You did such an awesome job and I'm so proud of you. You are such a beautiful little girl and I love you to the moon and back.
Post a Comment