Thursday, February 26, 2015

LAST Snow Day (hopefully)!

It started sleeting on Wednesday night around 8:00.  It changed over quickly to snow.  It snowed until about 3:00 AM and then changed to rain.....a lot of rain.  We woke up to a yard full of snow/ice which quickly turned to slush!  It was fun though.  It was almost too wet for a snowman, but these three little musketeers managed to build one.  They were super excited to decorate "Snowy" with scarf, hat, eyes, nose, and mouth.  

Karcie named him Snowy and was heard Thursday morning before the rest of us awoke, singing a song to Snowy.  She told Snowy how she didn't want him to melt and how much she loved him!  It was one of the funniest things I've heard.  She looks outside at random times to see how much he has melted.  I really think that she may cry when he is officially gone.    

Our neighbors came out about the time that the snowman was  complete.  Kamdyn came inside to warm up and Karcie kept playing.  FYI-we had ALL waterproof clothes except for gloves.  Those patties HAD to be frozen blocks of ice, but she did not care.  She kept playing.  All. Day. Long.  While Kam was warming up by the fire, I was making dinner for Sydney's family.  Her Mom had surgery so I wanted to do something nice to help them out since they have been so great to us.  After their lasagna was in the crock pot, we joined the neighbors and had a ton of fun sledding down their hill to their backyard.  I wish we would have thought of that hill last week when everything was a solid sheet of ice.  It would have been AWESOME!!

We ended the afternoon by having the kids come over to our house to watch Big Hero 6 and enjoy popcorn and chocolate chip cookies.  The Moms had some wine and whine time!  ;)  It was a fun end to two weeks of snowy weather.  I hope it doesn't return again until next year.  Peace Out Snow and Good Riddance Winter!  I'm ready for Spring, flip flops, the pool, and the lake!!



Karcie was a little grouch.  She didn't want to be in the photo!

She told me "no" and turned her back to play with the tree.

Richard convinced her to have her photo taken with Snowy by telling her that she wouldn't be able to remember what Snowy looked like once he melted if she didn't have her picture taken with him.

And this was the best that she could do....hands up with no smile!

This one cooperated!

Karcie walked away.

It's a pretty good snowman if you ask me!

Checking him out. 

Finishing touches.

And Karcie found Ms. Colleen's snow shovel.  She would rather shovel snow than have her photo taken with the snowman.

Funny girl!


Kamdyn and Karcie rode the sled almost all the way up the slide!!

We laughed SO hard!!

Karcie couldn't figure out how to get up!

We got about 3.5-4" total.

I convinced her to take a selfie with me!

Take 2!

Some of the sweetest kiddos I know....Cade, Kamdyn, Campbell, Karcie, and Tommy.

After a LONG day of snow and sledding, these girls were pooped!  They needed some snuggle time with Daddy.  He looks amused....as always.

0 comments: