Thursday, October 31, 2013

Myrtle Beach

On Sunday after the FSU game, we packed up the circus and headed to Myrtle Beach to meet Nanny and Pop Pop.  Surprisingly, the girls did GREAT during all of our 4 hour rides across North/South Carolina.  I didn't take near as many photos as I should have while we were there, but I was honestly exhausted from the week prior and was looking forward to some relaxation.

The weather was perfect.  There was one rainy day and one REALLY windy day.  But, we were able to get on the beach for 3 days and enjoy the sun without sweating to death like we do in the summer heat.  The girls couldn't swim, but they enjoyed the sand and walked ankle deep in the ocean.

We are so glad that Nanny and Pop Pop invited us.  We had a super time!



Shrek followed us!

First afternoon on the beach.

Happy as clams!

Karcie was in her element.

She was free to run around and get as dirty as she wanted.  And, trust me, she was D-I-R-T-Y!


Look at my sand castle.

We were able to take Kamdyn to play mini golf one afternoon while Karcie napped. We got to play two rounds for the price of one since it wasn't their busy season.  

Kamdyn loved having our undivided attention.

And don't let me forget to announce the winner of BOTH games. Richard and I are super competitive.  There probably wouldn't have been a 2nd game if Richard had one the first.  Sadly, he didn't win the 2nd game either.  :)

We went to a seafood restaurant one evening.  Pop Pop told Karcie that we were going to eat alligator.

When we got there Karcie told the server that she wanted alligator to eat.  The server played along and brought two pieces of alligator (chicken tenders) on a plate.  Karcie said, "Mmm, I yike this alligator!"  :)  It was hilarious!
 On the day that it rained, Karcie had a high fever and yucky cough.  She had just gotten over an ear infection and had been on an antibiotic.  Needless to say, we ended up finding a pediatrician in Myrtle Beach.  He, of course, told us that it was just an "old school house virus."  Suck it up and deal with it!  :(  We loaded Karcie up with Tylenol and Motrin for two days.  She was finally feeling better after about 48 hours.  So, we hit the beach again!
"I not sick, Mommy!"

"I want to go to the beach!"




On our last night there, Richard and I got a night to ourselves.  We had dinner and went to Crocodile Rocks the dueling piano bar.  As we were checking out Broadway at the Beach and reminiscing about all of our "younger" years there, we reminded ourselves that we used to walk by Crocodile Rocks and says, "That's where old people go!"  Ha!!  It was the perfect place for us that night!

Kamdyn and Karcie hung out at the condo while we enjoy some grown-up time...."old" people style!  :)

I didn't get a photo of the real dueling piano guys. These were the back-ups that came out when the originals took a break.  We had fun and arrived back to our condo around 12:30 or so.


1 comments:

Nanny and Pop Pop said...

We were so glad it all worked out to be together. Hope you can stand us for another week next year! Love you all so much!