Tuesday, July 02, 2013

My Kamdyn


My precious Kamdyn starts 2nd Grade tomorrow.  Simply put, I am overwhelmed with emotion.  I tear up every time I think about it.  2nd grade just seems so grown-up to me.  She is my very first.  The one that called me Mommy for the very first time. EVER.  I'm going to try not to cry when I walk her to class tomorrow, but I don't think I will be able to hold back the tears.  She has become such a little lady and we are so very proud of every little thing that she is.  She is such a great big sister to Karcie and such a little helper to me.  Karcie adores her!  I adore her!

On this particular day she helped me clean the entire house and helped to make slow cooker lasagna for dinner.  When we were finished, I reflected on all that had happened in those three hours while Karcie napped.  But mostly I wondered when all of this happened?  Able to help me clean?  Able to help me cook?  Life is fast and furious all of the time.  I try to take in all of the moments.  You know, the good with the bad.  Staying home allows me to take in so much more.  I am so thankful for this girl.  So thankful for my family.  And so VERY thankful to Richard for allowing me to have this GRAND new job!




1 comments:

Nanny said...

And GRAND it is - enjoy every moment! This time is so precious for you. She is my first grandbaby and special she is. From the first moment I held her that feeling as multiplied millions of times over. Love her beyond words!