This week was a busy week with Kamdyn being out of school. The morning of July 4th started off in downtown Apex. We dressed the girls up in their red, white, and blue with swimsuits underneath. Kamdyn enjoyed the water slides while Karcie watched. There's no doubt in my mind that Karcie would have taken a turn, but I was a little nervous to let her climb and slide. There was a parade, but we didn't stay for it. It was hot and humid that morning. I was grumpy because I was so sweaty and hot. Besides, the parade consisted only of children with decorated bikes and scooters. I don't think we really missed anything.
Later that afternoon I took Kamdyn and Sydney to the pool while Karcie napped. The pool was super crowded which sometimes makes me nervous because I have a hard time keeping my eyes on the girls. Thankfully Sydney and Kamdyn are pretty good swimmers.
Later that evening we went over to a neighbor's house for a cook-out. Everyone brought a dish. There was corn hole, drinks, tons of food, kids, etc. When it finally got dark we rode around the neighborhood to watch various firework shows. We sure did miss our professional fireworks show on the Savannah River. This was the first year in a LONG time that we haven't seen a professional fireworks show from our boat.
It was a good day celebrating our country's independence!
 |
| Waiting in line to race. Kamdyn won! :) |
 |
| Syd and Kamdyn in deep conversation. |
 |
| Riding around on the neighbor's wagon. |
 |
| YAY!! |
 |
| Corn hole in the backyard with neighbors. |
 |
| Then they both had a turn! |
 |
| Popsicles down their bellies, arms, and all over the ground! |
 |
| More corn hole. |
 |
| Thumbs up for July 4th! Karcie is without shoes! For some reason she thinks that every time she goes outside she is supposed to take off her shoes. NO idea where she gets that from. Richard, Kamdyn, nor I like to go barefoot outside! She's our stinker for sure! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment