Kamdyn was so excited about her first day of school. The night before she said, "Mom, I don't think I can sleep. I am so excited!" I hope this excitement will continue throughout her years of school! I have to admit that I did have a few tears fall as I drove to work that morning. I even had a few when I was telling my coworkers about her first day. I just can't believe how quickly she is growing!
We were blessed to have Nanny and Mama Lucy with us during Kamdyn's first two days of school. Georgia was in Las Vegas so we really needed some babysitters! Nanny and Mama Lucy came to our rescue and we couldn't have been happier to have them with us on these special days! Thank you so much to both of you! We LOVE you!!
Our sweet 4K girl!
Same book bag as last year.
Our family.
Kamdyn and Mama Lucy
Kamdyn and Nanny
Mama Lucy laughing at Kamdyn
Nanny getting Kamdyn out of the car.
So sweet!
Leading all of us to her classroom.
Walking in on her first day.
"Look, Mom! They gave me pink play-doh!"
When I returned to school my new friend/co-worker had painted this beautiful cork tile for Kamdyn's first day of school surprise. Kamdyn loved it!
Unfortunately, Kamdyn's day didn't go without any bumps in the road. Apparently, one of the boys in her class got sick and threw up. Kamdyn is paranoid about getting sick most probably because we can count on one hand the number of times that she has been sick in her 4 1/2 years of life. She is terrified most of throwing up! She cried for a while after the little boy threw up. She was sad for him, but was worried that she was going to get sick too. After he went home, the teachers said that Kamdyn did fine. She was still a little apprehensive about Day 2 this morning! It will take her a few days to get used to going to school every day, but I know that she will do fine! (I hope!)
Family Fun
2 years ago


2 comments:
Bless her heart! She was upset on the playground, ran straight to me and said, "Mrs. Pond, can you PLEASE call my Nanny! Her number is 441". :) It broke my heart. I asked Garrett if someone got sick in the class today and he said, "huh?" Typical Garrett. Too busy to notice. LOL
LOVED her dress. I asked her if I could wear it and she said no. :)
She told me after school that she kept telling the teacher to call her Nanny and gave her home # and that she just knew I would come and get her, I had to cry myself. What a privilege to share these precious moments with her on these special days. Wish I could do it every day.
Post a Comment