Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Goodbye to Summer

While Kamdyn and I enjoy our last week together for this summer, I am both sad and happy. I am sad that I won't get to see her all-day-everyday and witness each new word and accomplishment. Instead, I will be hearing much of these accomplishments second-hand. But, I am happy and blessed to be able to spend so much time with her each summer (thank you, Richard). I love working, don't get me wrong, and I'm not sure that my "calling" is being a stay-at-home Mom; however, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Kamdyn this summer.

Instead of spending all of my time with my own baby, I will be spending much of my day "raising" children who come from various family structures. While I feel blessed to be a part of the lives of these children, whom I truly believe need me, I do feel a little sad that I will be missing so much of my own child's day-to-day life. Thank God for Georgia! I know that Kamdyn is loved beyond words by Georgia and her family and we are so very lucky to have them in our lives. Even still, I can't help but be a little sad. So, pray for Kamdyn and me as we adjust to being without each other in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure she will be fine and will have no problem waving "bye bye" to me each morning as I drop her off at Georgia's, nor will she have a problem refusing to leave Georgia's when I pick her up each afternoon. As for Mommy, a few tears may fall, but thank God for all of the many blessings in my life! I have absolutely nothing to complain about.....not even my job!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well KIM - my goodness - what a wonderful young lady you are!!! God will continue to bless you!
I love you and I'm so proud of you!
Mom