On Wednesday afternoon Kamdyn and I met my friend, Denise, and her daughter, Ana Blake, for lunch at the Mello Mushroom. Kamdyn was such a "trip" when we first got there. First of all they sat us at a booth that was kind of high off the ground. Asking for a high chair was out of the question due to the height of the table. Needless to say, Kamdyn was having a ball climbing around in the booth pointing out all of the things that she knows words for. I knew that after having climbed in the booth for a few minutes that trying to get her to sit in any kind of seat was probably going to be hopeless. Even so, I asked the server for a booster seat. We had never tried a booster before so I knew it would be interesting. Just as I thought, she refused to sit down in the booster seat. She wanted to drink my tea instead. Ana Blake was enjoying watching Kamdyn and she was trying her best to entertain her, too. All I could think of was, how in the world am I going to eat lunch with this little stinker climbing all over me? I should have known, however, that as soon as the food got there that Kamdyn would be much more compliant. She couldn't reach her food just by seating in the booth, so she gave in and sat in the booster so she could eat one of her favorite foods, pizza! After enjoying our lunch, as much as possible, Ana Blake came over to our side of the table to play with Kamdyn some more. Kamdyn stood up in the booth and turned to the booth behind ours. She PULLED THE LADY'S HAIR WHO WAS SITTING BEHIND US! (Kamdyn is somewhat obsessed with hair these days most probably because she doesn't have much of it.) Anyway, the lady thought Kamdyn was adorable (thank goodness), but I was somewhat mortified. I couldn't apologize enough. At this point, it was time for us to go. While Kamdyn did pretty well, it's kind of hard taking her to restaurants at this age. She just doesn't quite understand the concept of table manners, not bothering others, etc. She never ceases to amaze me!! I love watching her as she goes through all of these cute little stages. I wonder how long it will be before I no longer think all of this is CUTE!!! :)
Family Fun
2 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment