Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Field Trip to Marbles Museum


I will be honest, field trips aren't my favorite.  They weren't my favorite as a teacher and they aren't my favorite as a parent.  But, I am much more relaxed as a parent on field trips than I was with a teacher.  That being said, I am so very fortunate that I am able to spend these days with my girls.  When I worked, I would have had to take the day off and feel guilty about leaving my classroom full of kiddos.  Now I have zero guilt!!

This field trip was to Marbles Museum in downtown Raleigh.  There were enough chaperones from our class that I only had to be in charge of one other kiddo.  Lucky for me,  I got a super sweet one.  Karcie and Sam had such a fun time navigating each exhibit at Marbles.  Their only complaint was being STARVING!  They have lunch at 11:00 at school.  They didn't get to eat until 12:30ish. 

I will admit, even though field trip days aren't my favorite, this one was pretty good!  My girl had fun and so did the rest of the Kindergarten cuties.  







Waiting on the $ (balls) to drop out of the piggie bank!


Creating a giant magnetic marble run!


Building with wood!

With REAL tools!

That scared me to death! 

Sam was intent on using every single tool there, too.  

Shooting some hoops!

And playing some hockey.







Sweet friends!

Weather presentation.

Sam was called to volunteer.

Then it was Karcie's turn.  They had to use the paddles to make wind.  The guy running the show measured their wind speed.  They were trying to beat the last groups speed which was 5.2 mph or something like that.

The parents finally won!! 

0 comments: