Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lake House Update

 We spent some time at the lake house this weekend trying to get some things done while we patiently  impatiently wait for the final inspection.  We put together the girls bunk beds, which they are huge fans of.  We put together the bed for the Master that used to be at Mama Lucy's house.  I am so thankful that we had a space to keep a good bit of her furniture.  We did a lot of work on the house.  I  cleaned.  Richard put things together and worked on the yard.  We took lots of boat rides.  We even took the boat to Clarksville, VA one afternoon to walk around that quaint little town and have lunch.  We also took the boat to a lake front playground for the girls to enjoy.  The weather was beautiful!  We used the binoculars or goggles, as Karcie called them, to bird watch.  Richard did a lot of fishing in the mornings.  The girls got to fish a little.  We enjoyed gorgeous sunsets from our back porch.  Mostly, we enjoyed some much needed family time without the normal hustle and bustle of life.  This lake house really is out in the middle of nowhere.  The closest grocery store is 20-25 minutes away.  There is no internet service out there and our phones barely work.  Best of all, I saw Richard in his happy place again.  I haven't really seen this side of him since we moved from the river in North Augusta.  I am so thankful that he is willing to sacrifice some of his wants for our family.  Apex and neighborhood life is perfect for our little family right now.  But, he craves waterfront with privacy.  I'm glad that we can now enjoy a little of both.   It's peaceful and I can't wait until we get to spend a lot more time there!  We certainly feel thankful for all of our many, many blessings!  We still have A LOT of work to do there, but it will get done in time.


This little dog appeared one day last week.  I'm not a dog person, in fact, none of us really are.  But, we secretly fell in love with this dog.  Sadly, it wasn't there the next day when we returned to the lake.  :(

All smiles a top her new bed!


"Helping" Daddy fix the dishwasher.


This is Karcie's favorite spot on the boat!

My big angel!

My gorgeous, mischievous little one.  

Up on the front of the boat aggravating her sister again!

The view from the master bedroom.

Master Bath

This room is just like our living area at the River.  It's basically the same size, maybe a little bigger.  Not sure what we will do on one side.  I'm hoping for a pool table.  

Back porch view

Kitchen

Front door and Mama Lucy's dining table. I think we will add a leaf to the table so that all 6 chairs can fit.

Guest Bath

Guest Bedroom.  You guys don't have to sleep with the deer and fish, I promise!

We decorated Kamdyn's rainbow loom with her name and flowers while we were there.

Absolutely Gorgeous!

Playground time!


Looking at the bird's nest on the power tower.


Karcie had to have the "goggles."



My pretty girl!  I can't believe how fast she is growing.

She was our captain for most of the boat rides.  Richard is such a good teacher!

We saw this at a store in Clarksville.  If I want to be visited, I guess I better find a good lake.
The itty bitty fish!

Catch of the Day


Little Sister wanted no part in the baby fish!
We all had to have our photo taken with this silly little fish. 
What our backyard looks like now.

Our inspiration for our future back yard at the lake.  Stay tuned.....



Karcie was so tired on this particular day.  She took over an hour nap right here in her fave spot!

Kamdyn played in the water while Karcie napped!

This sums up our time at the lake!  Can't wait to do it again.

0 comments: