Thursday, July 10, 2014

Happy Birthday to ME!!

Birthdays just aren't the same as you get older.  Richard was out-of-town, but my friends/neighbors in Apex helped me to feel special on my day.

Every good day starts with Jazzercise.  My sweet instructor, Leslie, met me there with a delicious cupcake from Gigi's.  She said she gave me that to keep me coming back.  Of course it was a "special" cupcake without any sugar, calories, or fat!!  *wink

I talked to my Daddy after Jazzercise on FaceTime.  If only I had known that this would be the last time.  I would have said so much more.  I would have jumped in the car to drive four hours to give him more hugs and to tell him just how much I loved him and how thankful I was to have him for my Daddy!  His last few years of life were so hard for him.  It was so hard for me to watch him suffer.  I know he is at peace now, but it's just so hard!  I'm so thankful for our conversation.  I wish I could have recorded it.  I replay it in my mind every single day.  His last words to me and mine to him were, "I love you."

This lovely speed sign appeared outside of my house on my birthday.  It was, of course, to slow the neighbors down, but I took it as a reminder for myself to slow down and enjoy my day!

One of my neighbors, Eric, shares my birthday with me.  Several of us made our way to the Mexican restaurant for dinner.  They sang to us and even brought us sombreros.  The kids thought it was a hoot!  They wanted the hats as soon as the singing was over!

When we got home, I let the girls enjoy my cupcake after they sang Happy Birthday to Mommy!  I did take ONE bite of the cupcake.  :)

Here's to another year in my 30's!  I am blessed!




Karcie, me, Leslie

SLOW DOWN!!

Eric and I enjoyed our margarita and sangria!

Eric's face while they were singing cracks me up!!

Yay for July 10th!!

Sweet girl!!

Cade and Kamdyn

Happy Birthday to Mommy!!  She gave her cupcake to us!!

I love my girls!!

1 comments:

Nanny said...

I too am glad you were able to talk to Daddy. It meant the world to him. He missed you and his babies but truly understood the distance and your busy life. It wasn't perfect doing Skype but better than nothing. Never, ever forget how much he loved you. Yours was the only birthday he could ever remember so that should tell you something. HaHa