They started "calling" for snow to start around noon on Tuesday. School was cancelled the previous night as everyone anticipated a full day of snow! Boy were they wrong!! Kamdyn is tracked out of school right now.....thankfully! It didn't matter to us one way or the other if school was cancelled. She and Sydney were signed up for cheer camp all week. Stacey took them on Tuesday morning and we thought that I would be picking them up early before the snow started and the roads got bad. They ended up being able to stay the entire day because the snow didn't not start until after dark!! The girls were disappointed, but I promised them that the snow would be around all day the following day. They didn't really believe me because the last time it snowed during the night, it was all gone the next morning.
Needless to say, we awoke to a beautiful winter wonderland. The girls couldn't wait to get outside!! First we had cinnamon rolls to celebrate. Then, we all suited up! I had to shop for Karcie some snow clothes at Target the day before. Luckily, they had a ski bib and coat that were perfect. Poor Kamdyn had to wear her snow suit that was about 2 sizes too small. They didn't haven't anything in her size. :( We did have snow boots though!
This was Karcie's first "real" snow where she could touch it, play in it, make snow angels, throw snowballs, etc. She was more than excited! As soon as the walked out the front door, she plopped down and began making her first ever snow devil angel. Just kidding, she was precious and perfect on this day!!
Kamdyn was a little "under the weather." She had been running a low grade fever for several days, but we weren 't about to let a little fever ruin her snow fun. We loaded her up with Tylenol and she was good to go! She took a turn first on our "redneck sled." She didn't love it! Karcie, however, couldn't wait to get on and loved every second of it. I loved it too until Richard ran me into the sidewalk. It may have been on purpose!! Kamdyn seemed to enjoy her second sled ride much better than the first, but she was ready to get inside and warm up shortly after.
I've convinced that Karcie would have stayed outside ALL. DAY. LONG. We left Karcie with Sydney in the front yard and I got hot chocolate started. I put the wet clothes in the dryer so the clothes would be ready for Round 2.
Morgan came over soon after and the girls suited up again. This time, I watched from afar. They had fun on Morgan's sled. She was even willing to pull the girls!!
The snow stayed around for quite a while. School was cancelled for four days and the poor year-round kiddos/teachers have to make up the days on four Saturdays. Boo! Thank goodness we are tracked out and do not have to worry about that! Whew!
I have to say....I loved the snow, but I am SO ready for Spring!! Be gone Winter!!
 |
| Google+ automatically does this to my photos. Try it! It wasn't snowing this hard in real life. :) |
 |
| View of our fire pit the next morning. |
 |
| Yummy cinnamon rolls. |
 |
| First steps in the snow. |
 |
| They both plop down on the ground! |
 |
| And her first EVER snow angel. |
 |
| All smiles!! |
 |
| Running to get on the sled. |
 |
| Kamdyn was first! |
 |
| Now Karcie! |
 |
| She LOVED it!! |
 |
| Sydney and Karcie |
 |
| 2nd try went much better! Our road was a sheet of ice! |
 |
| Snug as a bug!! She never did get cold. |
 |
| Watching from the front porch! Karcie was eating the snow at this point. |
 |
| Kamdyn was watching Sydney and Karcie from inside. |
 |
| She couldn't wait for her hot chocolate. |
 |
| Yummy! |
 |
| I, just like my friend Betsy, saved my good 'old Timberland boots from high school/college for snow days! |
 |
| Sledding with Morgan. |
 |
| I couldn't believe that Morgan was so willing to pull them down the hill over and over again! |
 |
| They loved it! |
 |
| "PLEASE don't make me go inside, Mommy!" |
 |
| Beautiful Snow Girls! |
 |
| Our house....and, again, Google+ decided that we needed falling now! |
1 comments:
Beautiful and Pricless! I love the falling snow, especially one showing your house!
Post a Comment