Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving at Ruthie's

This year we ventured down to the low country of SC to Ridgeland for a few days. Each of our families had a cottage to stay in when the fun came to an end each night. The views are breath taking and so very relaxing. On Thanksgiving Day we enjoyed lunch at our cottage. The weather was so nice that most of us were able to enjoy our lunch on the back porch that overlooked the marsh. Drenda and Holly talked me in to my first Black Friday shopping experience. We got up at 4 AM. Drenda got some good deals. I, however, am not so sure that I am cut out for Black Friday shopping. Richard got to go crabbing. Kamdyn was spoiled with lots of her favorite people. It was a great time with family!

It's hard to come back to reality after visiting a place as quite and serene at Palm Key. Thanks for inviting us, Ruthie! We can't wait until our next visit.

Hanging out at Ruthie's our first night at Palm Key.


Smiling for the camera.


Uncle Matthew, Kamdyn, and Aunt Holly


Nanny gave Kamdyn the most awesome book with Nanny's voice reading each page. It's "The Night Before Christmas." Kamdyn loves it!


My sweetie and I in front of the gorgeous marsh view.


I love this pic!


Daddy, Kamdyn, and Alvin


Mama Lucy and Drenda


Matthew and Richard

3 comments:

Sandy said...

We had a great time - thank you Ruth Ann for having all of us.

Jess said...

Hey guys! What awesome pictures! Everyone looks wonderful! Kim, it was nice to see your daddy!
Love to you all!
xoxo
Jess

Ruthie said...

It was fabulous to have you all here. I'd keep you right here with me if I could!