Saturday, August 18, 2007

Oh Boy!

Kamdyn is spending the entire weekend with Nanny and Pop Pop while Mommy and Daddy stay home for the weekend. Previously in the week we kept telling Kamdyn that she was going to spend the night with Nanny and Pop Pop. She would say "otay" and "Oh, boy." We met Nanny in Greenwood on Thursday night for dinner at Capri's and for a "baby drop-off!" This is the first time since Kamdyn has been born that we have been at our house alone without her. Boy, is it different and QUIET!!! Richard and I got a much needed weekend alone. We got to do some things that are much easier without a baby (i.e. cleaning house, paying bills (in peace), going out to our house-to-be, grocery shopping, laundry, going out to dinner, etc.) While I enjoyed getting many of these things accomplished, I missed her terribly. I can hear her little feet pitter pattering after me and her saying "Mommy, mommy." Anyway, we meet them again tomorrow (Sunday) in Greenwood to pick her up. I know she is having a great time, but I can't wait to hug and kiss my little stinker!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing her with Mama Lucy during her weekend in the Upstate. Mama Lucy took her to visit Carol and Bill (across the street neighbors) on Friday. Kamdyn was told to get her shoes and get ready for a walk to Carol's. When asked if she was ready to go. Kamdyn said, "No". Asked why not, she ran to get her bracelet (the old bracelet that has a charm with Richard's baby picture). After the braclet has on her arm ... (and arm positioned to hold the bracelet in place), Kamdyn announned "I'm Ready." And the walk to Carol's began. Mama Lucy was amazed and impressed.
She might be smarter than her Daddy ... do you think?