Well, Kamdyn is officially eating baby food. She wasn't so sure about it though. We started with squash. She did great with about the first 3-4 spoonfuls. Then, she started blowing bubbles and trying to get it out of her mouth. Then, she started making the most awful face in the world. I, after seeing her make this terrible face, decided that I needed to try the squash. I figured that if I was going to feed it to her, I needed to know what it tasted like. I only had a tiny taste, but it wasn't bad. I think she was just shocked that she was finally getting to eat something with a flavor other than milk. She's doing much better though! Na-Na and Ms. Georgia have both pretty much got her used to both squash and carrots. Richard and I were out-of-town the entire weekend, so we didn't get to help too much with the newness of the baby food. She is doing surprisingly well!
Here is Kamdyn with her first Baby Food Experience:

I also stopped nursing as of this past weekend. I forgot "the pump" when we went to Charlotte to the Clemson/Temple game. There was absolutely nothing I could do because we were already at the tailgate and game time was near. I decided then and there that I had had enough! Kamdyn hasn't seemed bothered by it at all. I made it 6 1/2 months. I am pretty proud of myself. After those sleepless nights with feedings every two hours, I never imagined that I would have made it this long! Most of you know that "the pump" has accompanied me EVERYWHERE for the past 6 months. It's OVER (at least until Baby #2 gets here) and no one has to hear me worrying about finding a place to pump for quite a while. YEA!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment