Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Scholastic Superstar




If there was a word higher up the word totem pole than Proud, that is what we would choose to describe how we feel about Kamdyn's academic performance. In 7 years + K, I don't think she has received any interim or end year score less than the highest possible. Her running man on the NC standardized test ran off the page. I expect the same thing will happen in SC. 

When she was just a young kid, I just thought they gave everyone the same good grades. In NC, I started to think the schools were just too easy. I am running out of excuses now. 

I am always interested in understanding how people do things that I can't do. I constantly ask her questions to understand how it is possible to get perfect year end 100's in most all classes. I could take 7th grade 10 times in a row and not do it. Seems almost impossible. She wont tell me the how she does it. It is certainly not her parent's influence. We rarely help or even discuss her academics (other than to praise her success)

On Tuesday, she received All A Honor Roll, Highest Class Average in Science, Math and ELA (English for you old timers like me), Student Council recognition and Attendance.

And by the way, she is great human being as well. Increasingly rare these days.

She is a Scholastic Superstar and she may very well do a lot more of the impossible. The opportunities in her life will be unlimited as she keeps this up.








0 comments: