Thursday, October 06, 2011

Taking a Breath!


Today, I reluctantly took a MUCH NEEDED day off!  Numerous nights without enough sleep, working long hours, not eating correctly, taking care of our family, and going out-of-town for several weekends recently has really taken a toll on my body, mind, and soul.  I hit a wall yesterday after taking my Kindergarteners to Steed's Dairy Farm after a night with very little sleep.  I knew that if I didn't take a day of rest along with some time for myself that I was going to literally crack and soon!!  My day has been peaceful, but productive.  I could never stay at home and do absolutely nothing.  I did get a few extra hours of sleep.  Georgia took Kamdyn to school and took Karcie to her house this morning.  I promply climbed back into bed until 10!  I swear I could have slept all day, but knew that I needed to catch up on some work tasks and some tasks around the house.  I only have one hour left before I have to pick up Kamdyn.  Speaking of Kamdyn, she was less than thrilled about going to school today without me being there with her.  She tried everything in her power to change my mind.  She kept saying, "Mommy, there is only one more day until Friday.  You can sleep and rest on the weekend!"  I tried to explain why I needed a break, but she just didn't get it. 

Everyone needs a day like this.  We all need time to ourselves and I find that time to myself typically consists of ZERO minutes a week.  Richard has been trying to convince me to take a day off for weeks, but I just have such a hard time letting go of my normal responsibilities. However, I know I will be a much more productive and more patient Mommy, teacher, and wife as a result of this day!  Now let me get back to work!  :)

0 comments: