Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shopping Woes

I had to write this down before I forgot.....

Kamdyn, Karcie, and I went to Wal-Mart this morning to buy groceries for our yearly trip to The Black River with friends.  I volunteered to get the food since I do not work in the summer.  (Let me rephrase, I work as a full-time now Mommy-of-two during the summer, but I do not have a paying job in the summer.)  Anyway, I was a little hesitant to take Karcie since our last shopping adventure to Target was cut short due to her ear piercing screams the entire time we were there.  She was silent as soon as we got in the car! Go figure!  This time she did excellent.  Kamdyn is always pretty good after the first protests of, "I hate shopping!"  "Do I have to go?" And her infamous pleas...."Can we get this?  Can we PLEASE get this?"  She loves junk food and would take one of everything sweet if I allowed.  But, if we bring it home I end up eating it, too. 

Just as we were backing into the garage and I was about to declare victory, Kamdyn gets her sucker stuck in her hair.......ALL twisted in her hair!  She starts screaming because she can't get it out.  I am attempting to tote all of the groceries up, what seems like five million stairs, to our house as she begins to yell.  I sit the 10 bags that I have lined up both of my arms back inside my car to yank the sucker out of her hair.  As I am pulling the sucker and wishing to cover my ears from her screams the dish washing detergent falls out of the back of the car onto the lid and busts.  Luckily, it didn't go EVERYWHERE, but the lid busted and it splattered on Kamdyn and on me.  As only the story could go, I had on my favorite denim capris and Kamdyn had on her favorite blue fish outfit.  Both of them now have white bleach spots all over them!   UGH!! 

Shopping with Two Girls Score-To-Date:

Karcie - 1
Kamdyn - 1
Mommy - 0

1 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Awww...sorry about your pants! Shopping with two got better for me once Luke turned about 6 months old and could sit in the cart.

I still fight with the daily struggle of getting everyone out of the hot car and into the air conditioned house!