Friday, December 22, 2006

Picture with Santa

Why we put this off until the last minute, I'll never know. I debated over whether or not to take her at all. But, guilt took over and I felt like I would be a bad Mommy if I didn't have Kamdyn's picture taken with Santa for her very First Christmas. I also know that Christmas got here way too fast this year and I don't feel completely ready. I do not have a choice though! It's only two days away. YIKES!!

I was not brave enough to take Kamdyn to the Mall this year and stand in that long dreaded line. There is another place here in Augusta called Fat Man's Forest. It's a gift shop and a seasonal/holiday type shop. I knew that both Santa and Mrs. Claus were both there. I opted for this instead. We weren't sure what Kamdyn would do, but we were pretty sure that she wouldn't cry. She has NEVER cried when someone else has held her. We thought she would just think that Santa's beard was kind of neat. Then, she would pull on it and possible try to put it in her mouth. This is what she does with everything else, why should this be any different?

Oh my, were we wrong!! Kamdyn did NOT like Santa. When Richard put her in his lap she looked up at us as if to say "please don't leave me here." I guess she thought that we were just dumping her in his lap and we were taking off. She started crying (not screaming) and that little lip was poked out so far that we could all step on it! Uncle Matthew was there for the adventure, too. He tried to help us as best he could to get her to look at the camera and stop crying. It didn't work! I couldn't stand it another moment and had to take her out of Santa's lap. We'll just have to try again next year!

The pictures are still cute and at least they capture the memory and moment of her first Christmas.

These were taken while we were waiting on Santa.
Happy Kamdyn!







This is the picture taken by Fat Man's.




The rest were taken with our camera.






1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Kimberly!!! Kamdyn looks so precious in her red Christmas dress!! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!! love, fran