Kamdyn has been wanting to visit Great Wolf Lodge for years. Being on year round school makes traveling so easy because most everyone else is in school when we are out. February seemed like the perfect month to go to GWL so we stayed for a night on our way to SC. We were so happy that the lines and crowds were very minimal. I would not recommend GWL on the weekends. We got there on Sunday when all of the weekenders were checking out and it was a ZOO!! As soon as all of them left, we had the park basically to ourselves. Wait time for the big kid slides was less than five minutes.
As soon as we got to the water park after checking in, Karcie was ready to hit the "biggest" slide that she was allowed to ride. Unfortunately, while she and I were waiting for our turn we got a HUGE bucket of water dumped on our heads. She was scared for a second, but still wanted to slide. The poor baby got turned around backwards on the slide and ended up being head first, backwards, on her back. She didn't cry, and she said she had fun, but we couldn't convince her to try it again. She was happy as a clam in the "kiddie area" from that point on.
The next time we go, we will know to take Karcie's puddle jumper. They had life jackets, but Karcie REALLY wanted to wear her pink swimmies. She has more control with them on AND they are pink and match her swimsuits. ;) Alas, we were stopped by the GWL "police" and were politely told that swimmies were not allowed. She could go without any life jacket OR she would wear the life jacket alone OR the life jacket and swimmies, but not just the swimmies since they are not coast guard approved. BOO! She was not happy with that man!
Kamdyn and Richard ran off immediately to the big slides. It took Kamdyn a little while to warm up to them. She was a little afraid at first, but it only took her once on each of them before she loved them. Karcie and I stayed occupied in the kiddie area and we ate funnel cakes and doughnuts from the snack shop. YUM!!
I did slide with Kamdyn a few times while Richard watched Karcie. We also put both girls in a chair and told them not to move while we went down the Tornado slide. It was great! I was scared to death at first, but loved it!! Luckily, the girls were right where we left them when we finished. :) (Shhh! Don't tell Nanny!)
That night we ordered pizza and ate in our room. We had to hurry to get to story time. The girls loved it!! We moved from story-time to the arcade and bowling alley. The girls had a good time at both places, but we were all getting tired so Karcie and I left Richard and Kamdyn to play for a while.
I got Karcie's mattress bed ready. She still has issues with falling off beds so she has to be really close to the floor. Wouldn't you know she even fell off the mattress. In the middle of the night, she said, "Mommy, I can't find my pi-yo (pillow)." Poor little thing.
The next morning, we had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. We packed the car and headed for the water park again. We played for several hours before changing and heading to SC. I forced everyone to take some photos inside before we left. You can tell that they were all thrilled!!
It was a great family trip that I highly recommend! I can't wait to go back. Next time, Kamdyn wants to try the MagiQuest scavenger hunt that they have. Yay for GWL!!
 |
| Karcie's signature "hands on hips" pose! |
 |
| Taking a break! |
 |
| Posing with Mommy |
 |
| Daddy and his girl! |
 |
| Mommy and her K girls! Now I know why I never wear tankinis. I wore this one to cover my white body, but they make me look even shorter than I am. I'll stick to my two piece for now!! |
 |
| Yummy pizza! |
 |
| This is as close as Karcie would get to a "creature." |
 |
| Karcie would have nothing to do with Wiley Wolf. |
 |
| Running down the hall to get to story time! |
 |
| Mesmerized! |
 |
| Wiley Wolf helped with story time! |
 |
| Mental note: remember to pack cute PJ's for GWL! These were not on the top of our favorite PJ list! |
 |
| Howling! |
 |
| Karcie like the wolf that didn't move! |
 |
| Riding on the carousel. |
 |
| Air Hockey |
 |
| Karcie had to have a turn! |
 |
| They were nice to let her play! |
 |
| Mini Bowling! |
 |
| STRIKE!! |
 |
| Mattress bed! |
 |
| Kamdyn sliding...this was the slide that Karcie went down when we first got there. |
 |
| Karcie did not love this blue life jacket! |
 |
| Precious girls! |
 |
| Taking a break for a doughnut! |
 |
| Back to the kiddie area. |
 |
| Karcie made a couple of "friends" while Kamdyn and Daddy were on the big slides. |
 |
| These slides were perfect for Karcie! |
 |
| Kids were all over the place. I was very pleased with all of the life guards there. I felt very safe with my girls in the water. |
 |
| I am sure Karcie was squirting this right in someone's face. |
 |
| See, Mommy! |
 |
| This was her favorite slide! |
 |
| Picture time....Karcie was not happy! |
 |
| In front of the clock tower. |
 |
| Yahoo for GWL!! |
 |
| A sweet lady offered to take a family photo for us. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment