Kamdyn and I were out of school for two days for President's Day and a furlough day. I decided that I wanted to take the girls to the zoo. Richard thought I was losing my mind for even thinking about taking both of them alone to Columbia to the zoo. I had it in my head so there was not stopping me! We loaded up on Tuesday morning bright and early and got to the zoo at 9:00 as it was opening. That is our favorite time to go! From our experience people typically do not start arriving until around 10:00 or 10:30. We had the park to ourselves. It was a bit cold while we were there. Thankfully, there are lots of indoor exhibits that gave us a break from the cold. Kamdyn and Karcie did great! I took everything that I needed for Karcie. I had HIGH hopes that she would nap in her stroller at her normal nap time. No such luck! There was too much for her to see and there were WAY too many distractions. We had a great time! I can't wait to take my cuties again soon. Next time I fear that I will be chasing Karcie which is why I figured that taking her by myself while she is still immobile would be much easier!
| Her first view of the zoo.....stinky flamingos! |
| Kamdyn insisted that we stop here first! Why do they smell so bad? |
| My favorite exhibit is the penguins. Last time when we visited, the penguin exhibit was closed for repairs. We were happy to see our no flying feathered friends this time! |
| King Penguins on the right! |
| Next, we checked out some birds! |
| Kamdyn was a little freaked out by this bird. |
| Kamdyn wanted her picture taken with EVERY animal statue there. |
| My sweet, beautiful girl! |
| We love the aquarium, too! |
| She is still not so sure of the giraffes! No chance of her feeding them or petting them! |
| The gorillas amaze me. |
| Karcie was all smiles for most of our trip! |
| Thank goodness for Pappy though! She did have a few moments... |
| The bears were having a good time. |
| My monkey with a monkey! |
| Cute! |
| Kamdyn + hairbow are as tall as an emperor penguin! |
| Sweet girl was staring to get tired! |
| I guess this is her tough face! :) |
| And her dino face? |
| We ended our trip with the tigers. |


2 comments:
Sweet Mommie and Sweet Baby Girls!
P.S. Hope you remember all those times Daddy took you to the zoo and play at the park every Saturday.
Post a Comment