Tuesday, June 16, 2009

SCARY!!

As we were leaving our neighborhood en route to Atlanta, this is what we found! Our neighbor, the smart man that he is, was sitting in his truck pointing to the alligator when we went by. I saw the alligator and told Richard to stop. Richard slams the car in park and moves quickly toward the alligator. Yes, I have a very intelligent husband most of the time. I guess he thought that since he was an official boar hunter that he should be able to handle an alligator, too! I guess he forgot that he was unarmed at the time! We had the camera and you can see how up close and personal he got to the alligator. As for me, I stayed in the car!!

It's hard to believe all of the wildlife that we encounter on a daily basis considering that we are less than a mile from downtown Augusta. Needless to say, I feel like we live in the wilderness. The other day I was watering my flowers on the deck and looked down to see an armadillo nonchalantly walking across our back yard. I wonder at what point I should be scared to even walk out into my own yard???


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's crazy!! Maybe you need a sign in your front yard....welcome to the zoo!!!

Sandy said...

Seems like Richard could start making videos and earning money for The Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, or Wild Kingdom. Ya'll better protect my baby or you are gonna get it. Is this the same alligator that ate a dog or cat in the neighborhood?

Jess said...

Well well...looks like I've been missing a lot!! I just read through MANY blogs, and they are pretty funny!
That alligator! Oh my~~ I would have freaked out, but I guess since you have many animals all around (so I've read!) you must be~~kinda~ used to it! Oh Kimberly...these blogs are great!
Lots of love,
Jess